Monday 6 February 2017

I have travelled around Alberta taking photos of people and places for several years, I have slowly accumulated some very good camera equipment. When I look through all of the Community History Books that I inherited from my mother, Olive Parks, I see some incredible photos taken in the early 1900's and I am amazed by the quality. My Grandparents, Edith and Tom Hewines were married in Candiac, Saskatchewan in 1922 and the photo is so impressive. We need to have a great appreciation for the photographers of the past when we see a great photo like this knowing that the equipment used was very simple in comparison to the standard of cameras we use today and the software that is used to edit the photos. I am personally humbled by these photographers from the past. 

1 comment:

 We took an amazing drive yesterday, travelling west on Highway 16, the Yellowhead, to Jasper, AB, with stops in between for business. Trave...