Monday 28 August 2017

In 1961, the community of Hoosier decided to build a local golf course and in 1962 their dream was realized when a Club House was built and with the help of local residents so was the golf course. Over the years the membership was as high as 100 active members to as few as 15. My parents learned to golf on this course and became very ardent members and golfers in Hoosier. I remember many family Sundays spent golfing in Hoosier. Mom and Dad ventured over to the golf course on a regular basis and soon became close friends with Don and Babe Stevens and traveled the countryside with them to many golf tournaments. I am not a golfer but do remember trying to whack that little white ball and look like I knew what I was doing, all for not of course so I stayed playing ball.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see your posts again Ron! Is this still an active golf course?

    ReplyDelete

 We took an amazing drive yesterday, travelling west on Highway 16, the Yellowhead, to Jasper, AB, with stops in between for business. Trave...