Monday 6 March 2017

                                                      "I Have Two Hometowns."

When you live close to two towns, they can both become your hometown. Loverna Saskatchewan was only 8 miles from our farm and was part of our social life growing up. We would go there to Sports Days, dances, music lessons, and curling. I played fastball with the Loverna ball team for several years and I think of Loverna as my other hometown, many of my good friends still actively farm in the Loverna area. This summer a group of photographer friends and I will be in the area doing a detailed still photo and video on small towns and surrounding areas. Esther, Loverna, Hoosier and Fusilier will be on the agenda.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great project Ron, those places are all on my list to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how great it will be to see all of those places again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing this. My mom being from a farm outside of Hoosier, I have heard many stories of how Loverna was the hotspot.
    Now Fusiler was my own first hand stories from the rodeo days.
    I have clicked the tab to be notified

    ReplyDelete

 We took an amazing drive yesterday, travelling west on Highway 16, the Yellowhead, to Jasper, AB, with stops in between for business. Trave...