Monday 28 November 2016

Traveling around Alberta always leads to some interesting adventures, one afternoon my friend Dale and I had been catching some great old abandoned barns and houses and we decided to stop for a snack. We ended up stopping in Caroline at the Longbranch Saloon, as we sat down I got the feeling of deja vu, I said to Dale, I have been here before. I worked in Caroline in 1970 on a seismic crew and we stayed in the old Caroline Motel. Well as it turns out the Longbranch is the old Caroline Hotel and I had sat in that bar 47 years before this, the tables and chairs and even the bar are all as they were then. This was another one of those trips that will stick in my mind forever. I had to call my brother and tell him where I was, he had also worked on the same crew but wasn't old enough to go in the bar at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 We took an amazing drive yesterday, travelling west on Highway 16, the Yellowhead, to Jasper, AB, with stops in between for business. Trave...