Thursday 29 December 2016

As we are traveling to Oyen to visit family for Christmas, we decided to take a short detour to Meeting Creek, Alberta. Many of my blogger friends have taken photos and posted the history of this beautifully restored railroad station and grain elevator. The railroad station was built in 1913 and from what information I have the elevator was built in 1915. While I was finding the right position to get a good shot, I noticed all of the peaks and lines of the architecture of these two grand old buildings. I know there is a tremendous amount of history that goes with these two buildings but today's blog is all about how sometimes we manage to compose a great photo with all the angles and peaks of the subject.

2 comments:

  1. Meeting Creek is one of those places that more people need to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite places. Great photo Ron!

    ReplyDelete

 We took an amazing drive yesterday, travelling west on Highway 16, the Yellowhead, to Jasper, AB, with stops in between for business. Trave...